|        King of Cricket        |        Sachin Gallery       |        All About Sachin        |        IPL (Indian Premier League)        |

Jan 8, 2012

Sachin humbled by affection across Australia

The affection showered on Sachin Tendulkar across Australia during the current tour has made him feel humble.

Generally, the sentiment is that Australia must defeat India, but Sachin should get his 100th International hundred.

"In the past, too, people have always wished me well... It's a humbling experience... That the prime minister (Julia Gillard) herself took the lead has been touching,"

Sachin added: "I consider myself fortunate that I've got well-wishers all over... I appreciate that they want me to do well."

When one such well-wisher walked up to him in the hotel here and asked if he required "anything," Sachin answered: "Your good wishes will do."

Sachin needn't have mentioned it, for it's a given.