|        King of Cricket        |        Sachin Gallery       |        All About Sachin        |        IPL (Indian Premier League)        |

Feb 25, 2010

Sachin Tendulkar says record ODI score is 'breakable'

India batsman Sachin Tendulkar believes his record score of 200 not out in a one-day international is beatable.

Tendulkar, 36, became the first player to hit a double century in a 50-over international in India's victory over South Africa in Gwalior on Wednesday.

"No record is unbreakable. But I would be happy if an Indian breaks my record," he said.

"I do not play for records. I enjoy my cricket and I play with passion. I have done this for 20 years."

Pakistan's Saeed Anwar and Zimbabwe's Charles Coventry held the previous record of the highest individual score in an ODI with 194 before Tendulkar's innings.

The Indian legend reached 200 in the final over of his side's innings and he achieved it off 147 balls.

"I knew I would get my chance in the over," said Tendulkar. "I will remember this innings. But I will not compare it with my other efforts."

He added: "I do not play for records. I enjoy my cricket and I play with passion. I have done this for 20 years.

"I thought about the 200 mark for the first time when I was probably 175-plus and only 42 overs had been bowled.

"I felt I had a chance, but I didn't think of it seriously until I got really close. Only then I thought there was an opportunity to be had."

Tendulkar holds the record for most runs in ODI's and Tests and is planning to continue revelling in the kind of form which helped him reach his 200 landmark.

"I'm enjoying my cricket and I'm playing the way I want to play," he said.

"I've done whatever I thought was best for the team.

"I have made a few bad decisions as a batsman, but I think as long as I know in my heart that what I think is right for the team, I'm going to do just that."