|        King of Cricket        |        Sachin Gallery       |        All About Sachin        |        IPL (Indian Premier League)        |

Sep 3, 2010

This is the greatest honour given to me: Sachin

Group Captain Sachin Tendulkar said that the honour conferred to him by the Indian Air Force was his greatest achievement and that he is indeed happy to be a part of the IAF family.

India’s legendary cricketer, Tendulkar, who is not new to awards and honours, was conferred with Indian Air Force’s honorary rank of Group Captain on Friday.

Looking crisp and dignified in his sky blue uniform, Tendulkar jokingly said that the least he could do to look like an Air Force officer was to wear the signature aviator glasses.

However, overwhelmed with the respect bestowed upon him, Sachin said, “I have become part of your (IAF) family and it is indeed a pleasure to be honoured by the Indian Air Force, which is regarded as the best Air Force in the world.”

“I will not say that it was a-dream-come-true. But is it is something which one can only wish for, and I am happy that it has come to me,” Sachin added.

Sachin also said that he was really scared during his aircraft training. “It was a frightening experience during the air craft lessons,” he said.

“However, this is the greatest honour bestowed on me. I also want to take this opportunity on behalf of the nation to salute the Indian Air Force,” he added.

“I also want to urge the youth of India to join the Indian Air Force as this is a great honour and opportunity to serve the country. Jai Hind,” he concluded.